Mini-Camel Ride In The Oasis of M’hamid and a nomadic night in the middle of the desert.
To take the opposite view of the well-marked tourist routes between oases and dunes, we offer a bivouac experience….
- Arrival on your own in the morning at M’Hamid (If necessary, we will guide you from Marrakech, Ouarzazate or Zagora - see our useful information)
- Welcome on site by our team to reach on foot or by donkey the Ksar of Oulad Mhia via the ruins of Kasbah Leelouj, kasbah of the foreign legion, former customs and place of manufacture of gold coins. It was also the place of departure for expeditions to conquer Sudan under the Saadian dynasty (1576).
- Visit to the tree planting project initiated by the Dutch Sahara and Roots Foundation www.sahara-roots.org. with whom we have worked closely for many years. You can plant a tree with your name there (olive, pomegranate or date palm) tea and lunch with the locals in the village of Zaouia and departure on the back of a dromedary traveling through the surrounding desert vastness to reach the bivouac site to assist at sunset over the dunes. Desert tea and dinner under the stars around a wood fire accompanied by traditional songs from the Draa Valley
- The next day after sunrise and nomadic breakfast, return to the village of M’Hamid on foot or by camel
- Visit of the Joudour Sahara music school, songs and music with the future blues desert talents
- Supervision and support by an experienced guide and a local team of camel drivers, cook, musicians ...
- One dromedary per person for the duration of the camel ride,
- Le matériel de bivouac (tentes nomades, matelas, couvertures, draps et oreillers et le service d’installation du campement et préparation des repas…)
- Full pension (lunch with the locals)
- You can also reach the starting point of the camel trek if you wish (plan an additional 150 Dirhams per person)
You are responsible for the mineral water, but our team will take care of the transport (around 3 to 5 liters / day / person)
NB: the "mini camel ride" program can be adapted to visitors arriving in the village of M’Hamid with the CTM Company bus (daily arrival D1 at 9:00 p.m.-daily departure D3 at 6:00 a.m.) according to the following program:
- D1: Welcome by our team at the arrival of the bus and transfer to your hotel (at your expense)
- D2: Transfer from your hotel to the village center for the departure of your mini camel ride (see program and price above)
- D3: Early transfer from the bivouac to the village for the departure of your bus.